分享到: QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
分享分享0 收藏收藏0 顶0 踩0

主题

好友

积分

新手上路

2#
发表于 2012-3-4 23:14:42 |只看该作者
出生在伊利诺伊州的乍得WYS是“视觉概念艺术家,设计师和作家。 His work covers a number of mediums including digital manipulation, painting, sculpture and mixed media, and his interest is largely focused around the deconstruction and appropriation of pre-existing images and objects.他的作品涵盖了媒介的数量,包括数字操纵,绘画,雕塑及混合媒体,他的兴趣主要集中周围的解构和预先存在的图像和对象的拨款。 His work explores ways of finding a new meaning within the art he finds by altering and playing with what's already there.他的工作,探讨如何在艺术中寻找新的含义,他发现通过改变和玩什么已经存在。 After coming across his work on sites such as Ffffound and Behance , we got in touch with Chad to see if he'd be interested in answering our Ten Questions .横跨他的工作,如网站上的未来Ffffound和Behance后,我们得到了与乍得联系看,如果他在回答我们感兴趣的十个问题 。 Luckily for us, he was.我们很幸运,他是。

Read on for an insight into the thought process, concepts and inspirations that go into Chad's work.阅读上一个洞察到思想的过程中,概念和灵感,将乍得的工作。

1. 1。 How do you describe what you do? 你如何描述你做了什么?
I think of what I do as minimal appropriation art.我觉得我作为最小的拨款艺术做什么。 Not quite as minimal as, say, the work of Richard Prince or Sherrie Levine (who often refrained from altering what they appropriated), but more like minimalism-meets-appropriation.并不像最小的,比方说,作为工作的理查德王子或谢莉莱文 (经常改变什么,他们拨忍住),但更喜欢简约,符合据为己有。 I like to juxtapose motifs from art history into one odd and disjointed piece; often that includes simple, geometric shapes or splashes of paint in places they shouldn't be.我喜欢并列成一个奇数和脱节的一块常常是从艺术史的图案;包括简单的,几何形状或油漆飞溅的地方,他们不应该。 I like to crop and to obstruct the viewer's gaze.我喜欢裁剪,并妨碍了观众的目光。 I like to challenge what people think of tradition – especially artistic tradition.我喜欢挑战人们传统认为 - 尤其是艺术传统。 The appropriation of the object or the image is crucial to my work because I want to recontextualize the visuality of the thing I'm appropriating; I want to offer it up for ridicule and examination, but I also want to put visual limits on that ridicule.对象或图像的拨款到我的工作是至关重要的,因为我想重新语境视觉性的东西,我挪用,我想给它嘲笑和考试,但我也希望把该调侃的视觉限制。 I do this by slapping some paint on a Victorian portrait, by melting the floral motifs on an antique porcelain dish, or by painting color charts on bucolic thrift store landscapes… it's great fun.我拍打着一些油漆在维多利亚肖像,融化古董瓷盘上的花卉图案,或画上彩色图表田园节俭商店景观......这非常有趣。
2。 What made you want to do what you do? 是什么让你想要做的你做了什么?
I think I appropriate objects and images from art history because my chosen field of study throughout my academic career has been art history.我认为我是合适的对象,并从艺术史的图像,因为我选择的研究领域,在我的学术生涯中,一直是艺术史。 I haven't formally trained as an artist; rather, I've trained as an art critic and a critical theorist.我还没有正式的培训作为一个艺术家,而是我作为一个艺术评论家和关键理论家训练。 As such, I mean to make meaning through the objects and images I find and alter.正因为如此,我的意思是通过我的发现和改变的对象和图像的意义。
3。 How would you describe your workplace? 你会如何形容你的工作吗?
Utter chaos.陷入混乱。 I'd like to pretend that I'ma neat person and that everything has a place and that everything is in its place, but that's simply not true.假装我是一个整洁的人,我想,任何事物都有一个地方,一切都在它的地方是,但是这根本不是真的。 Once in a while I get my workspace completely organized and meticulous, but I work feverishly and at a rapid pace, so things quickly get tossed about.一旦在一个让我完全组织和细致的​​工作区,而我,但我狂热地工作,以快速的步伐,这样的事情很快就翻来覆去。 I can't be bothered to pick it up now can I?我也懒得把它捡起来,现在我可以吗? From that chaos emerges some interesting artistic accidents that might never have occurred otherwise.从那个混乱,出现一些可能永远也不会发生,否则有趣的艺术事故。

4. 4。 What is your favourite colour? 什么是你最喜欢的颜色?
In my old age I'm leaning toward pink.在我年老时,我倾向于粉色。 Pink is such an annoying and totally unacceptable color.粉红色的是这样一个恼人的和完全不能接受的颜色。 It works well in my artwork because it so often feels out of place.它的工作原理以及在我的作品,因为它常常感到格格不入。 When pink is used ironically, I have quite a fondness for it.当粉红色的是具有讽刺意味的​​是,我有相当多的喜爱。 I would never want a pink room or a pink car, but a giant glob of rude, pink paint can pull off an aggravating and gratifying aesthetic sensation that no other color can.我绝不会希望有一个粉红色的房间或粉红色的车,但粗鲁,粉红色油漆的一个巨大的水珠可以拉断,没有其他颜色可以加重和可喜的审美感觉。

5。 Who is your favourite artist or writer? 谁是你最喜爱的艺术家或作家?
I have so many favorites but I have a serious fondness for Gerhard Richter .我有这么多的最爱,但我有一个严重的喜爱格哈德·里希特 。 I am reassured by the fact that he's had such a varied and imaginative output over his career.我放心的事实,他有这样一个在他的职业生涯丰富多彩和富有想象力的输出。 He has tackled photo-realism and he has tackled Color Field minimalism.他先后攻克了照相写实,他已经解决了彩色场极简。 In an industry where artists are so often “branded” based on a single, signature style, I find it refreshing to specialize in many different styles.在艺术家往往都“品牌的”一个单一的,签名风格的基础上的行业,我觉得专门在许多不同的风格让人耳目一新。 I'm far too impatient to stick to one thing for very long.我过于急躁坚持很长的一件事。
6。 What was your previous job? 什么是你以前的工作?
I've been a student for as long as I can remember.只要我还记得我去过一个学生。 I probably will be for years to come.我可能会成为今后几年。 As a result, I'm quite poor and quite content to remain so (until I want to buy something).因此,我非常贫困和保持如此(相当内容,直到我想要买的东西)。

7。 Do you work within a team? 你在团队工作? If so, how many people do you work with? 如果是的话,有多少人与你的工作吗?
Never by choice.永远不要选择。 I prefer to work with humans as little as possible.我喜欢与人类尽可能少的工作。 Unfortunately that doesn't bode well for my social or romantic life.不幸的是,并不是一个好兆头,我的社交或浪漫的生活。

8。 Do you listen to music whilst working? 你听音乐,而工作? If so, what do you listen to? 如果是这样,你听什么?
Absolutely.绝。 It varies from mood to mood, but I often find myself listening to the instrumental work of Alexandre Desplat .它随心情的心情,但我经常发现自己听的亚历山大蒂斯普莱德器乐作品。 He creates the most brilliant classical film scores.他创造了最辉煌的经典电影配乐。 The score he did for the film Lust, Caution is a permanent fixture in my home.他的电影色戒的得分,注意是永久固定在我家。 Beauty.美。
9。 Who inspires you to do what you're doing? 谁启发你做你在做什么呢?
I think other artists inspire me to be an artist.我觉得其他艺术家的启发我成为一个艺术家。 I get such a high from enjoying other people's work that I seem to have no choice but to try my hand at it as well.我得到这样一个高享受其他人的工作,我似乎已经别无选择,只能尝试在我的手,以及。 I certainly didn't get my artistic interests from my parents (as kind and generous as they are).当然,我没有从我的父母,善良,慷慨的,因为它们是我的艺术兴趣。
10。 Which advice has helped you the most? 这意见,帮助你最?
English poet Robert Browning once wrote that “less is more”.英国诗人罗伯特·布朗宁曾经写道:“少就是多”。 At this point it's taken as a cliché, but it doesn't have to be.在这一点上,它采取​​的是老生常谈,但它并不一定要。 If you really live by those words you can learn to budget what you do for the better.如果你真的住的那些话,你可以学习到的预算,你做什么好。 As a visual artist I find this to be particularly important; conveying a complicated concept with as few visual and intellectual pollutants as possible is perfection.作为一个视觉艺术家,我觉得这是特别重要的传达一个复杂的概念与一些视觉和智力污染物尽可能是完美的。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入黑蓝

手机版|Archiver|黑蓝文学 ( 京ICP备15051415号-1  

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 15:21